Anyone who can’t wait for Intel’s “Pine Trail” powered netbooks (which won’t be due until early next year at least) and want hardware HD video support with HDMI output can always go for ones that have Nvidia’s ION chipset inside them due before the end of this year.
Samsung themselves will be releasing a selection of such netbooks sometime this month – The N130, N140 and N510. The NC510 will be the official successor to the NC10 with the following specs, according to PC Pro.
- 1.6GHz Atom N270 Single Core
- 1GB DDR2 RAM
- 11.6″ screen with 1366×768 resolution
- Nvidia ION chipset with 1080p HD video support and HDMI output.
- 160/250GB Hard Drive
- 6 cell battery with up to 11 hours battery life.
- Wireless and 3G networking support.
- Windows XP (Windows 7 after October 22nd).