It's not for the PS3 as I was expecting from the "leak" last time but maybe that's good news since I'll be able to play it! I guess the DS could be considered "new hardware" since it has received a proper SMT game yet.
Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey will be for the DS on October 8th. Taking place in the early 21st century, a portal to another dimension in the South Pole, dubbed "Schwarzbirth" by the United Nations, has appeared and is threatening mankind's existence. In order not to spread panic it is kept a secret but as the portal grows in size, a Schwarzbirth Investigation Unit is formed to find out what's inside.
The RPG will feature...
- An upgradable "Demonica Suit" using software applications.
- Conversation system to convince demons to join you.
- Over 300 demons at your fusion disposal.
And the staff are...
- Producer/Character and Devil Design: Kazuma Kaneko
- Director: Eiji Ishida (SMT3/Raidou/Raidou2)
- Scenario: Shogo Isogai (SMT3/Raidou/Trauma Centre series)
- Composer: Shoji Meguro
The official site will be open next Monday together with a trailer.