Yes, I know I'm late in posting this.
It's revealed that Atlus will be bringing the 3 year old Persona 3 game to the PSP dubbed, "Persona 3 Portable" on November 1st in Japan complete with new content.
Besides reminding readers of what the original game's system was like, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals the new features and changes include...
- 5 difficulty levels - Beginner, Easy, Normal, Hard and Maniacs.
- Players can choose a new female heroine voiced by Marina Inoue (Kana Minami from Minamike). If playing as her, a new "mysterious" assistant also appears in the Velvet Room who, replaces Elizabeth I presume.
- New music, events and character illustrations.
- Sub menu to jump between areas quickly.
- Control party members directly.
Looks like this will also be getting a downloadable version for the new PSP Go too which lacks a UMD drive.
Some people are saying Atlus is "milking" P3 but, I think it's great to have a portable version because I never actually bought the two PS2 games since I don't own a PS2. I did pick up the full soundtracks and fanbooks though. I will definitely pick this up but hope there's a Japan exclusive limited edition available to make it even more worthwhile ^^;
When I first saw this, I thought the new heroine was Yukari and the new Velvet Room assistant was Akihiko... Maybe they're both going to say, "Hey! You look just like me!" Maybe Yukari and the heroine are lost twins even. I'm pretty curious to see what the alternative opening will look like and how she arrives to the city. Will she be sporting that typical cute Anime girl look at the station?
Either way, I guess I'll be playing as the heroine since I know what happens with the hero already...